This year’s Links School Sport Partnership Easter Holiday Camp was a huge success for all people involved including, parents, coaches, children, buddies and staff. Over 150 children attended this year’s camp which was held at Sheffield Park Academy in the first week of the Easter holidays. The children extremely enjoyed the wide range of activities that were offered at the event and this showed by their enthusiasm throughout the week. The activities consisted of Trampolining, Football, Basketball, Dance, Multi-skills, Cricket, Rugby and Orienteering. The camp also offered inclusion sports such as Boccia, New Age Kurling and Wheelchair Basketball. This gave children with disabilities the chance to be included within sports as well as giving able-bodied children the opportunity to take part in disability sports.
Staff from Links School Sport Partnership and also from Sheffield Park Academy was really impressed with the children’s behaviour throughout the week and look forward to seeing them at future Holiday Camps!
All Saints Catholic School- Holiday Camp, Week 2
This camp was held in the second week of the Easter Holidays for Catholic Schools. It ran over two days and was a great success. Links School Sport Partnership is always helped by Sheffield Hallam University students from the various sports courses including PE and Youth Sport, Sport Development with Coaching and Sport Coaching. This year was no different as there was a turnout of around 10 students that helped make the camp a success. Activities included Cricket, Multi-sports, Football, Baseball and a mini sports day on the second day. Over 40 children attended this event and they were given the opportunity to write what they thought of the event at the end of the day. All of the comments were positive and the parents were also very thankful towards Links School Sport Partnership and the volunteers.
Comments from Parents and Children
- · – The kids just love all the different activities, great value for money and so inclusive, brilliant
- · – It was awesome and really fun all the time
- · – I have enjoyed everything because i love playing the games. Made about 9 new friends and liked every single thing
- · – I liked the obstacle course 1 million %
- · – I wish this club will never close, it is so good
- · – My girls have had a fab time, cheers!
- · – George has had a ball! Thank you very much
- · – I liked everything it was fun
- · – Interesting because its learning without knowing it
- · – Leaders are fun and make you safe
- · – It was the best 2 days of the holidays, i liked cycling
- · – Its really fun and would like to go there every day, my favourite bit was football and obstacles
- · – I really enjoyed it but would like to do more stuff outside, i liked the bike riding
- · – The holiday camp has been amazing i enjoyed the mini-Olympics
- · –I liked the obstacle course and the grown ups are nice